Chloe is horribly, abysmally slow in the mornings. She gets distracted - by her reflection in the mirror, the trees outside the window, the books on her floor, the cat on her bed, the list goes on. Today is day 2 of making her get completely ready for school BEFORE she can have breakfast. Let's just say that she has been up for almost an hour now and still isn't eating breakfast. She's going to have a rough morning at school if she misses out - but that's just TOO DARN BAD! I am so sick and tired of calling out to her every 5-10 minutes for status updates and to remind her to hurry up!
Day 1 worked well. She was completely finished with everything and had 10 minutes to spare. But nothing seems to work for Chloe more than once. GRRRRR!
7 comments:
I feel your pain. We employ that same rule in our house and have, in turn, sent children to the bus stop with a bag of Cheerios on more than one occasion.
Erin, you're still nicer than me. My plan is to send her completely food-less. Plus she is having hot lunch today so there would have been no sneaking stuff from her lunch box. She did make her deadline, however, and ate a piece of cornbread with 2 minutes to spare.
good luck!
My Jo is the same way (though each year she seems to get a tiny bit better). None of my kids are great breakfast eaters, anyway, but it's rare for Jo to have anything more than instant breakfast. I used to buy her the drinkable yogurt, then realized it was full of high fructose corn syrup; they changed the recipe to take out the fructose, but now my kids don't like it...
My Mom said she always had trouble getting us motivated in the mornings until she started having us make our own lunches in the morning. I guess that made us accountable if we weren't ready... in a way WE could see?
Go, Courtney! I can totally see myself needing to do this. I have a dawdler, too. I'm proud of you for laying down the law and sticking to it. :)
How do you feel today? Overwhelmed? Good luck with the new calling.
Oh, and apparently someone gave me the 2010 primary outlines way back when I was just barely called, so I'd put them in the closet and forgotten them! :)
Oh, and good use of the word abysmal! (Did I spell that right?)
Post a Comment