Tuesday, October 06, 2009

A New Smile

Sarah got her braces off today! Other than getting a retainer on her bottom teeth next week, she is finished with "Phase 1" of braces! I thought I'd post some before and after pics to show how much her teeth have changed in a year.
This is Sarah from September of last year: And here she is tonight (with wet hair because I didn't take pictures earlier today):
Here is a close up of her mouth from last year. NOT pretty.
And a close up from today. So nice!
She has a small retainer glued to the back of her front 4 teeth (the only permanent ones on the top); so those should stay looking good. Her lower retainer should keep her 4 front bottom teeth looking good as well. If she loses teeth at the same rate Brad and I did, I don't think she'll be officially done with braces until she's 15 or 16. At least she won't have to have them on for the time span in between!

6 comments:

Christy said...

They look great! I am glad she is getting a "break".

Randi said...

Wow, her teeth look great! They changed that much in just a year? That's awesome!

Jenelle said...

She is so beautiful! Love the new smile!

Annalia said...

That is a happy, happy day - and just in time for Halloween (so many candy restrictions with braces)!
I can't decide whether or not to get my kids braces. On the one hand, I feel like it's a parental obligation, but they really just have some slight spaces. What do you think?

Shannon Morgan Photography - Bainbridge Island, WA Photographer said...

just when i thought she couldn't be any prettier :)!!

Shelley said...

Wow sarah has grown up. And her smile looks GREAT!!!