We've been back from our trip to Utah for a few days now. But really, I don't feel like we're back. It is taking what feels like an eternity to get back into our routine. The Christmas decorations are still all up (that's price I pay for leaving here the day after), the washing machine is still broken, there's plenty of things I could and should be doing for Primary, the whole house needs cleaning, I STILL haven't gone grocery or Costco shopping, the list goes on and on.
The girls are back in school. Although, on Monday there was a 2 hour snow delay because of all the snow that fell Sunday afternoon/evening. Since then, we've been in nearly nonstop torrential rain. Lucky for us, we don't live where there is flooding, but elsewhere there is flooding, and avalanches, and road closures. Brad was saying that because of I-5 flooding south of us and the passes being closed to the east of us that we are stuck here. There's always Canada though! ha ha
At least we are all back in our own beds. We're all sleeping much better, especially the boys, and I am so thankful for that. I'm also thankful to Ashley who did a few loads of laundry for me today.
To those of you whose blogs I read, I've loved catching up with all that you've been doing. Sorry I haven't had time to comment on all of them! Hopefully within a week I'll feel more like I'm in the swing of things again! Bear with me...
4 comments:
it is always hard after getting back from a trip. it takes me a good week to get my feet back under me :)!!
Good luck getting back into the swing of things. My night owl children got in the habit of staying up late during the break, and we're really struggling to get to bed and get up on time now.
Oh boy, I know the feeling. I feel like I'm drowning in stuff to do to recover from our trip.
That's rough that your washer broke. I know we're a ways away, but if you ever want to spend the day over here doing laundry, we'd love to have you.
See you in a few hours. :)
Wow Courtney, I can't believe how bad the weather is up there. I still miss it so much though. I have to tell you that there are so many times when I am trying to keep my house and life in order and you come to mind. I bet you'll have life back together soon. I was always so amazed how organized and together you are!
Post a Comment