Last year we moved the girls downstairs. It's a large room so that they could each have their own half and not feel so crowded. Shortly the move they wanted to know if they could get new bedding so that they could have their "dream" rooms. At first I was reluctant because I liked the bedding they had and I liked that it matched. But then I realized that they are getting older, needing their own space, and would love to have new rooms. We decided to let each of them pick out their favorite bedding and then the fun took off from there. Sarah wanted aqua and green dots; Chloe wanted hot pink and zebra stripes. Hmmm... sounds like an interesting combination. But it turned out really cute!
This is what their room looks like as you stand in the doorway. You can see where one side ends and the other begins...

This is Sarah's side. She even helped pick out her dark brown curtains.

We bought the girls wardrobes since there aren't any closets down there. They hold a ton of clothes and other stuff! You should have seen the piles before we got these put in! Sarah also loves her circle mirrors. They are a lot of fun.

The beginning of Chloe's side. The piano is on her side for two reasons: the color matches and it is blocking the fireplace. I love the big picture of the two of them over the piano. (Thanks Shannon!) I'm also working on getting some other pictures of the two of them together. There are two there now (one needs a new black frame) and I think I have one more really cute one that I hope I can find. (The nutcrackers are Christmas decorations.)

Chloe loves her bed and her mirror and nightstand. They are TOTALLY Chloe! I just ordered new curtains for her because these ended up being a lot more sheer than we thought they would be.

Chloe's wardrobe and corkboard... (Sarah's corkboard has a lime green frame.)

And Sarah's half again, showing the rug. They love their rugs and it makes the old, hard carpet bearable!

I'm hoping they are able to enjoy their dream room for years to come!
5 comments:
Well done. We had thought of doing something similar with our big playroom downstairs, but our girls are afraid to go in the basement after dark unless a parent is with them, so we let go of the idea. Maybe in a couple of years...
It really turned out so great, Court! I love their funky, fun style!
That is very cool! What stylish girls you have. Love it.
it looks so great! i need to get over there and see it in person!! they are just so adorable! i love the bubble mirrors! very cool!
That room looks great Courtney! I really love that picture of the two of them that you blew up and framed. It is so cute! (:
Post a Comment