Why do I get so upset when sleep schedules are disrupted???? I know why! Because it messes EVERYTHING up!!!
Aaron woke up this morning just ahead of 5 a.m. and of course, so did Kyle. Ugh! I had some errands planned for today. They are now postponed due to crazy nap schedules and grumpy (really grumpy) 3 year-olds.
Kyle was supposed to go to preschool. But he had a meltdown when our friend came to pick him up. I debated taking him late (I needed to feed Aaron and dry my hair still) but realized he'd probably throw another fit if I tried to drop him off. So here we are at home instead. I had really been looking forward to an hour and a half of just me and Aaron.
Brad had gotten up early this morning so that he could get home early. So I had been awake from the alarm when Aaron woke up, but I was also really comfortable in my bed and looking forward to another 1 1/2 hours of sleep. Brad tried to help with Aaron so that I could get Kyle to stop crying. But of course, this delayed him leaving for work. Eventually I gave up and just got up with both boys so that he could leave. Plus I was just laying there next to Kyle wide awake at this point. So while Brad can still get home earlier than normal, it won't be as early as we had hoped.
I tried to take a short nap this morning after the girls were off to school since Aaron was back in bed at that point. No such luck. Kyle came in to use my bathroom about 10 minutes in (right as I was falling asleep). Then Aaron woke up about 10 minutes after that (right as I was falling asleep again). Grrrr! Kyle went in and "played" with Aaron. That was nice of him and it worked for about another 15 minutes. But instead of just getting up and getting in the shower I stayed in bed (I think I have an addiction). Of course, the alarm went off just after I had fallen asleep for the 3rd time. I did get my shower, but Aaron was very fussy by the time I got out. And really, who can blame him? At that point he was tired of being in his crib, he REALLY needed a diaper change, and he was hungry.
After the diaper change and getting Aaron dressed, I hurried to print out a map of our neighborhood for Kyle to take to preschool. Yes, this is when I thought he would be going. So there went another 5-10 minutes down the drain.
And then, of course, we have the melt down trying to get Kyle into my friend's van. I know she understands since she has 3 kids of her own, but still! We're standing there for 5 minutes, in the snow, being late for preschool trying to convince Kyle that he can take a 2 minute ride down the road to his friend's house. All for nothing!
I know this is really all trivial stuff and that I need to be more flexible on days like this, but I just can't help feeling so frustrated about it! So that's my pity party for the day!
8 comments:
Don't you hate days like that? They happen all too often. Sorry we missed Kyle at pre-school. We understand!
I'm sorry Court! Being awakened early and right on the brink of sleep is the worst possible thing for my mood so I think I can imagine your frustration! One kid who won't cooperate is bad enough but two is hard. I'd love to help, if you think you might need it! Are you going to the ladies' night out tonight? Hopefully I'll see you there!
We missed Kyle. I think the meanest I ever get with my kids is when they wake me up when I really need sleep.
That's rough. I'm sorry! I'm praying for the both of us that our kids sleep through the night and don't get up before 7am tomorrow morning!
I had one of those days too, so I feel for you...except I only have one! It was good to see you tonight!
Pity Party away! Days that seem to go awry from the beginning are always a downer of a thing. I hope that Wednesday brings new light and a happier 3 year old. We miss him (even if he is a stinker!)
And not getting enough sleep never helps. Sorry. :(
By the by...love the new picture at the top! Aaron is too cute!
Post a Comment