Well, I think I've discovered that the hardest part of blogging is actually doing it! But I am determined to keep it updated. I think this counts as journal writing, don't you? We had a pretty good weekend. I was able to take a much needed and much enjoyed nap Saturday morning. Kyle is still waking up as if he has an alarm clock at about 12:45 am and 4:00 am. So I'm pretty out of it when the girls wake up. Brad put his bike together out on the patio with the kids. I peeked in on them after I got up from my nap. It was really cute to see them all out there together. Kyle was fussing a bit, but it turns out he was hungry (as usual).
We went to the park that afternoon. Brad and Sarah rode their bikes around the park 5 times. Brad mostly coasted, but Sarah pedaled her little heart out. Chloe played on the playground and made friends with a couple of boys there. She is always up to making new friends if they'll chase around with her. Sarah dug a big hole in the sand and found a treasure! Well, a green ball about 2 inches in diameter, but it was about a foot down in the sand so I let her keep it. She really dug quite a hole. She has always like to dig in the sand. Maybe she'll grow up to be more of a gardener than I am.
We had Rubio's for dinner on Saturday as well. For those of you who don't know, Rubio's is my favorite!!! They have the best fish tacos ever! I know... it sounds weird, but don't knock it 'till you've tried it. I absolutely crave them! Plus their salsa verde is so good I could almost drink it. But enough about that. I need to get on a new subject because I hate it when I get Rubio's cravings on a Sunday since I can't do anything about them!
Today was stake conference. We got to hear from Elder Wirthlin and Elder Monson. It was really good. Although I absolutely hate those darn metal folding chairs! My bum is still sore!
Brad had a much needed nap today. Half on the couch and the other half in our room. He gets up between 4:30 and 5:00 on the weekdays so he really needed it. We went to the park early this evening and the girls fed the ducks. Chloe liked one black duck the best and was trying to feed it exclusively, but the other ducks (and 2 seagulls) weren't as keen on that idea. Sarah was nervous that they would come out of the water towards her. She was fine though once we told her to throw the bread far out into the water. They only care about the bread, not her. I think they were sad to see us leave. They had quite the feast.
And have I mentioned that Kyle has the same gap toothed smile as Alex? (and Nathan) It is so cute I just love it! I'm sure at some point it will get fixed but for now it is totally adorable.
No comments:
Post a Comment