So here is my new favorite quote, although it struck a chord with me the first time I heard it and every time since...
"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness, that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented and fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small doesn't serve the world. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It's not just in some of us; it's in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others.
~Marianne Williamson
in Return to Love
Often mistakenly attributed to Nelson Mandela
4 comments:
I LOVE that. Everytime I read or hear it I feel so inspired. Thanks!
i love that quote too, that is what "a new earth" is all about too, i think that is why i am so drawn to it. i feel present just hearing it articulated so beautifully, and it rings true in my soul! thank you for sharing it.
That was awesome!
I have never heard that! But I love it! I need to read that daily as a reminder of what it is about!
Post a Comment