Thursday, December 20, 2012

Am I Mean?

Actually, don't answer that.  Here is the latest version of our job chart.  I'm hoping that the kids find it reasonably equal as far as ages and abilities.  My kids hate jobs regardless of how we hand them out, but both Brad and feel that it is important for everyone to contribute to a clean and organized home.  If they're all going to help create the mess, they should all help to get rid of it.

The goal is to do a little each day after school (except on Wednesdays) to keep the house looking decent overall.  I split the Friday/Saturday jobs into two days, but I don't think it would be too much to do them all on either Friday or Saturday, depending on what our plans for the weekend are.  You may notice that Brad isn't on here.  That's because he'll be gone for the next two months.  Don't worry, he'll be back on the chart once he's home again!


Monday
Tuesday
Wednesday - Morning
Wash windows (S)
 
Vacuum upstairs (S)
Vacuum/sweep laundry room (C)
Dust living room (S)
Swiffer & dust entire bedroom (C)
Replenish tp/kleenix (K)
Clean off landing (C)
Swiffer kitchen (K)
Wipe bathroom counter/sink (A)
Wipe appliance fronts (K)
Move chairs and table (A)
Wash shower/ towels/sheets (M)
Mom & Dad’s laundry (M)
Wash kids’ towels/sheets (M)

 

Thursday
Friday/Saturday
Friday/Saturday
Mop bathroom floors (S)
 
Vacuum upstairs (S)
Swiffer bathroom floors (C)
Clean bathroom sinks (S)
Vacuum couches (C)
Return trash cans (K)
Clean bathroom mirrors (C)
Clean off landing (K)
Wipe bathroom counter/sink (A)
Dust living room (K)
Pick up before vacuuming (A)
Kids’ laundry (M)
Clean toilets & tub (M)
Vacuum stairs, landing & hall (M)

 

 
Daily Jobs
Everyone
Make bed
Everyone
Pick up bedroom
Everyone
10 minute tidy before bed
Rotate
Swiffer kitchen after dinner
Sarah
Unload dishwasher top
Kyle
Unload dishwasher bottom
Aaron
Recycling
Chloe
Cat care

5 comments:

AmyJane said...

My first thought here was: wait, Brad doesn't have chores?!? but then I read the WHOLE post!

Courtney said...

Amy, glad you read my disclaimers! Brad has traditionally had garbage, mowing the lawn, and cleaning the toilets, plus various handy-man things that I don't know how to do. Don't worry, he'll definitely be assigned chores again once he's back!

Jenniferb said...

I love this. IT's GREAT!

Kathy said...

Looks good to me - but kids complain no matter what so it is best to just ignore them. I told Kaven that was why parents had kids - so they would help with the chores. That was while Beth, Alex, Kaven and I were helping Grandpa. He unhappily got the big picture then - it never ends! hahaha

Kathy said...

Looks good to me - but kids complain no matter what so it is best to just ignore them. I told Kaven that was why parents had kids - so they would help with the chores. That was while Beth, Alex, Kaven and I were helping Grandpa. He unhappily got the big picture then - it never ends! hahaha