Sunday, January 15, 2012

One of the Good Days

Today was practically perfect in every way.  No really, it was!  Since I sometimes vent on here, I thought I should jot down today's wonderfulness too.
  • Kyle woke me up at 6:30.  Normally I hate this time of day, but when he woke me I realized that Emma had slept through the night.  Nice!
  • Got out of bed to feed Emma about 20 minutes later.  Came out to find Kyle reading a Shel Silverstein book in a corner on top of a large pile of pillows.  So cute!
  • Emma's diaper didn't leak during the night.  Woohoo!
  • Had Cocoa Dyno-bites for breakfast.  They are so yummy.
  • Aaron woke up and told me, as he does every morning, that he brought his cup out because he'd like hot cocoa.  Sometimes his repetitiveness makes me smile.  This one always does because it reminds me how much he loves his cocoa (just like his momma).
  • Emma went back to bed at 8:30 for her morning nap.  I didn't know if she would fall asleep (I layed her down while she was still awake), but she did.  And so I took a short nap too.  Awesome!
  • It snowed a little during the night and it was so pretty outside.  The kids loved looking out of the window and speculating how much more we'd get.  They were hopeful that they'd get to go sledding.
  • The kids ALL got ready for church with no fuss.  This is a small miracle in our home!
  • We all looked pretty cute, if I do say so myself.  I noticed that Kyle's pants are starting to get a little short.  Aack!  Almost time to buy him size 10s!  I love my cute, growing boy.
  • Church was NOT canceled, but since I didn't know what the road conditions were, we left 30 minutes early.  The roads were great, just wet, so we got to church with almost 15 minutes to spare.  (This is also a small miracle for us.)
  • I had to make Aaron go up to the front with the rest of the Primary kids for a song by going with him, but he didn't make a huge fuss and then actually tried to sing a little! 
  •  Aaron wasn't thrilled to have me leave him in Primary, but he sat with his teacher and didn't have a total meltdown.
  • Nursery went well.  One little girl, who's been crying for a few minutes after her parents leave her, didn't shed a single tear.  Another boy, who's had monster meltdowns when his parents leave, calmed down after only 2 minutes thanks to having his blanket with him.  Another little boy, who hasn't been to nursery in a few months and has never really liked it, lasted for about 10 minutes, which was more than I thought he'd do.  We'll win him over eventually! 
  • The last hour of church was cancelled because the snow was starting to fall thickly and stick to the roads.  It turns out to have been pretty localized though, because once we left, things were fine.  However, can I just say that 2-hour church rocks?!
  • We came home and had a light lunch.  Chicken curry leftovers for me -  yum!
  • Chloe, Kyle and Aaron went outside to play in the snow.  Emma and I took naps.  Sarah finished making her chocolate, cream cheese pudding filled, cupcakes.  When the middle three came back in (2 hours later!) I gave them all peppermint cocoa.  Aaah, childhood!
  • Emma woke up happy.
  • We went to Brent and Ashley's for dinner.  They've invited us over for Sunday dinner for the whole time that Brad is gone.  So nice!  Brent is a good cook too, so the food is guaranteed to be tasty. 
  • Aaron was so worn out, he fell asleep on their couch and I could not wake him up for an hour!  We played some games while he was sleeping and ate cupcakes.  He got to eat his cupcake when we got home.  Best bedtime snack ever!
  • The boys got into their jammies and picked up without fussing.  Seriously!  Kyle even helped pick up the family room and I only asked him once!  (I'm hoping this magic carries over to tomorrow when we are cleaning the whole house.)
  • All of the kids went to bed nicely.  Well, the girls went downstairs and then talked/giggled/played for almost an hour.  But even though I wish they'd go right to sleep, I know they'll treasure those memories of sister bonding their whole lives.  So on nights like tonight, I don't say anything and let them put themselves to bed.  Good call?  I think so!
  • Got caught up on my blogging.
  • What could have made today better?  Only one thing - Brad!  (Gosh, I love that guy!)
So there's the play by play.  Like I said, practically perfect in every way.

5 comments:

Shelley said...

It does sound like a perfect day...especially Emma sleeping all night! Jackson has been sleeping like a new born for the past week and wakes up at least every 90 minutes :( Hope this is a phase that ends REALLY soon!

Mary Sunshine said...

Sounds wonderful! We came home after church and worked on puzzles all afternoon. That was relaxing and enjoyable. I hope Emma continues sleeping through the night! The great thing is, you KNOW she can do it and now encourage her to sleep for longer and longer.

Kathy said...

It was indeed a perfect day - so happy for you!

AmyJane said...

So great! I love those miracle days when everything just goes right without any extra effort. So happy you got one and I think it's great that you wrote it down !

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a nearly perfect Sunday! (The nearly part on Brad's behalf). You're wise to blog it so you can remember.