Monday, January 09, 2012

Christmas Eve happenings

Christmas Eve was pretty low-key.   At one point Brad said he thought it would be nice if it was snowing, but I was totally enjoying the sunshine we had that day.  I finished Emma's stocking that morning and am pleased with how it turned out.

If you want to read about all of the stockings, click here.  Here's the lineup of them all:

Sarah and Chloe made super delicious cookies for Santa, which they also shared with the rest of us.  They were chocolate cookies with white chocolate chips and soooo yummy!

They boys played and played and played.

Emma was still feeling under the weather with her fever.  I spent a couple of hours rocking her and snoozing a bit myself trying to help her nap.  Brad and I spent a good portion of the day wrapping gifts.  Because we couldn't put anything under the tree ahead of time this year (due to Emma's penchant for eating anything paper she can get her hands on), we kept all of the presents put away until Christmas Eve.  We took turns in our bedroom wrapping all of the gifts and actually finished by early afternoon.  We had our traditional chicken curry for dinner.  The kids went to bed without any fuss and Brad and I were even able to go to bed before 11:00 pm!  Merry Christmas to all and to all a good night!

3 comments:

Shelley said...

That stocking is so cute and good for you for finishing in time! I still don't know what we're going to do for our stockings... guess I have 11 months to decide

Kathy said...

Emma's stocking really turned out great and good for you for finishing in time for her first Christmas! You are an inspiration.

Randi said...

I love love love your stockings! You are amazingly talented.

I'm glad you had a good Christmas!