Well, we finally got some snow worthy of cancelling school. They had cancelled school for today as of last night, but when I went to bed at 1:30 (I know, waaaay too late), the big storm still wasn't here. I was relieved to wake up this morning and find out school hadn't been called off again for nothing.
I would guess we've had between 5 and 6 inches. I haven't gone out with a ruler or anything. I'm not that obsessed.
I love these trees. They are across the street from our house and they always look so pretty covered with snow.
The kids all went to the small gully that's at the bottom of our cul-de-sac to go sledding. It is the perfect spot!
I have pictures of Chloe in this same pose at various beaches. She likes to roll around in nature.
I had Emma strapped into the mei tai and then put my coat on over both of us. We were both nice and warm!
Here's the hill. Not too big. Not too little. Nothing dangerous at the bottom. Within easy walking distance of home. Perfect!
And of course, Chloe laying in the snow again.
No injuries to Aaron's eye this time, but he must have bumped his cheek on something. When he came home, one cheek was flaming pink while the other was normal. Oh well!
Happy Snowpocalypse (yes, that really is what they're calling it around here)!
7 comments:
I am jealous of your snow day. I want to go sledding!
What an awesome spot for sledding! My kids only last about 10 minutes out in the snow...I need to get them snow gear and a sled and maybe they'd spend more time out there. :)
Everyone looks like they are having such fun!
Fun! I love snow days. I'm with Chloe, (though I've grown out of it a little...) I LOVE to lay down in the snow!
WAY fun! I have found myself, being a very warm weather type of girl, wishing for snow so that we could go out and play in it! Looks like you guys had a great time!
Wow! You did get some good snow there. Too bad it was while daddy is away.... I suppose the mice can still play. :) I hope you kept your power and enjoyed it. I'm cold just thinking out miss Chloe laying in that snow. Ah to be young again.
everyone looks like they're having such a great time. that's why they have snow days. I don't miss it. Aunt Colleen
Post a Comment