Saturday, July 24, 2010

Fun in Seattle

Backing way up to the end of June... We were excited to have Brad's sister and her family, aka The Allfreys, come and visit us.  Brad and Brandon ran the Seattle Rock N Roll half marathon.  That morning Christy and I somehow managed to shoo 8 kids out of the house, pick up Ashley, and catch the 7:15 ferry.  Ugh.  Early, but worth it.  The 4 little boys were thrilled that we were sitting near a racing video game.  They took turns fighting over who got to sit in the chair and "drive".  Sarah wanted to be in charge of the camera, so she was my resident photographer.  This first pic is of Chloe and Hailey cheesing it up.

It was a bit weird to walk through Seattle and have the streets all to ourselves.  They shut down several main roads and highways for the marathon, so it made for much easier walking for us.    After the race, we walked back down to the waterfront, which is where some of the kids climbed on the statue of Iver feeding the seagulls. We planned to meet up with all the runners, plus a few more of Brad's cousins for lunch.  You should have seen the look on the face of the poor girl at Red Robin when we told her that we needed a table for 16, 8 of which would be kids.  haha!  Before lunch however, we had a bit of time to kill.  We found the world's fasted carousel.  Seriously!  I have never been on a carousel that rotated so quickly.  I was standing with Aaron and Kyle and got really dizzy.  Christy was standing with Adam, but he wanted off of his horse and they sat on a bench for a good portion of the ride.    Chloe and Braden found a penguin to love.  They're weird, but they're also 9, so that explains a lot.  Hailey posed by this big bear, but I don't think she gave it a hug.  ;)Chloe and Braden took "walk with your buddy" to heart and could almost always be seen walking hand in hand.  Cute cousins!

P.S.  I am really frustrated with Blogger.  They've changed how pictures are inserted and I'm struggling with it.  They were supposed to make things easier, not more of a pain!  This post and the last few have not turned out like I wanted, but I had to quit and call it good enough!

No comments: