Yesterday while driving around the thermometer on our van said it was 102!! Today and tomorrow we are in for more triple digit weather - but it will cool off to the 80s after that. I never thought I'd think of the high 80s as cooling off. I don't think I have ever sweat so much in my life. Seriously. One of the reasons I don't exercise much is because of how much I hate sweating. I try to avoid it at all costs (sweating, that is, although exercise is a close second). I've completely avoided wearing makeup for the past week, other than Sunday. I've avoided a bra as much as decently possible too. Wiping sweat off of my face has become my pasttime. Ick!
I was talking to my friend Mary yesterday and telling her how next year we are definitely getting air conditioning. Every year I wilt and wither and complain and cry (yes, I've shed tears over this) about how horribly hot our house gets. The past few days it's been in the mid-90s upstairs. Anyway, she was saying that I need to write down my commitment to AC so that I don't forget about it come January and think I can do this all over again. So here it is... I want AC!!!
Last night all the kids slept downstairs in the girls' room with the box fan in the window. This was after listening to Aaron cry for 20 minutes after putting him to bed, bringing him out to settle him down, trying again only to listen to him cry for another 15 minutes. Who can blame him?! If I'm going to cry about the heat, he certainly gets to! The girls were actually really happy to share their room with their brothers and have a "sleepover". The nice side effect with this arrangement for Brad and I was that we got to swipe the two remaining fans for our bedroom and put one on each side of our bed. We slept much better last night. Now to just survive the next two days....
7 comments:
I know, I can't even believe it. It is SO hot! I feel like I'm living in Florida or California or something.
Just a few more days!
Come over, woman! We have AC.
Why can't someone find a way to "package" the heat and cold so we could use them at the time of year we need them. When I think of what we pay to heat our home in the winter (and we don't keep it all that warm) I figure the heat from this week alone would keep us warm for a couple of months this coming winter.
i am not a nice person when i am hot!! you should join me in jamies pool today :)! move over kids big mama is coming :)!!
I agree, I am melting! Of course that would signify I am a piece of ice or something....oh how I wish! Okay, maybe I am more like a hot dog being roasted over the fire. I am definitely to the point where all the juices are oozing out of me and drippin everywhere, meaning I am DONE! Stop roasting me!
okay, I think the heat is getting to me :)
Today it was hotter in Seattle than Phoenix. Ridiculous!
I'll admit it...I've cried too...and I have been wearing as little as possible as well. =)
At least we are all in this together, eh? Annalia, seriously, I'm coming over! Pam, you have an ingenious concept. Some of those engineer hubbies should be able to come up with something, right?
Post a Comment