Friday, July 24, 2009

Fun with Sarah

We've been having some fun times with Sarah lately. About a week and a half ago, Sarah decided that she wanted to celebrate the birthdays of her American Girl dolls. She baked and decorated a cake. She and Chloe made placecards for all of us party-goers. The kids loved it. She let Chloe and Kyle help her blow out the candles on the cake. I can remember when I was in the 4th grade and a friend and I had a birthday party for our Cabbage Patch kids. We made a microwaveable chocolate cake. (Um, yummy?) I was amused to think that Sarah thought to do this at the same age that I did.
Her dolls are Jenniffer and Samantha. (Yes, that is how she chose to spell Jenniffer when she got her for her 7th birthday.) Jenniffer is on the left. She is one of the Just Like Me dolls. Samantha is one of their historical dolls. Although she wasn't dressed that way for the party. :)
A couple of days after we got back from Bear Lake I had the girls go out and pick all the peas out of our garden. Then I put the sand bucket (yes, a sand bucket) full of peas in the fridge and forgot about them for a week. (I'm really not sure how I continued to overlook a green sandbucket in my fridge!) Anyway, last week Sarah and Kyle helped me to shell the peas. They were a little bit overgrown, but that couldn't be helped since we couldn't pick them while we were out of town. This is a picture of Sarah and Kyle with this year's "crop" that only filled a cereal bowl. (Still, it's more than last year!)
Last Sunday, Sarah worked really hard to make a game that we could play for family home evening. The next night, we had Lexi over for FHE and played Sarah's game. It was designed around the Plan of Salvation and she came up with a bunch of questions for us to answer when we landed on a ? space. She had different shaped erasers that we used as our markers. It was actually a lot of fun. She did a great job!

6 comments:

MariePhotographie said...

That Sarah is just too cute! I love her creativity!

Annalia said...

Those peas look great!

Anonymous said...

Isn't it fun to see them grow up (and a little sad, too).

Shannon Morgan Photography - Bainbridge Island, WA Photographer said...

she really is growing and changing SO much!! she is such an amazing girl!!

Christy said...

Way to go Sarah! You are pretty impressive... as always! Love you!

Anonymous said...

far too cute :} Jill xxx