Thursday, November 04, 2010

Things that made me happy today

  • Aaron letting me nap all morning and not acting like he'd been neglected.  (Actually, he's been doing this for weeks now - angel boy!!)
  • Actually doing my hair and putting on a little makeup.
  • The glorious sunshine and 60 degree temps!
  • Brad telling me for the million billionth (that's a word, right?) time that he loves me.
  • McDonald's food for lunch.
  • Ashley coming over to plant the last of my pansies.
  • Hashing out my grumpy mood with Ash.
  • Skipping Aaron's nap and letting him play outside.
  • Aaron taking his missed nap in the truck between dropping off and picking up the girls from piano.
  • Waving at a boy from church mowing our Relief Society President's lawn and having him wave back.
  • Noticing that Brad was behind me on his motorcycle while driving home from dropping off the girls at piano and waving at each other.
  • Noticing how good looking Brad is on his motorcycle and knowing how much he enjoys riding it (especially on a day like today).
  • "Chiquitita" by ABBA being played at random.  Perfect song for today.
Chiquitita, tell me what's wrong?
You're enchained by your own sorrow
In your eyes there is no hope for tomorrow
How I hate to see you like this
There is no way you can deny it
I can see that you're oh so sad, so quiet

Chiquitita, tell me the truth
I'm a shoulder you can cry on
Your best friend, I'm the one you must rely on
You were always sure of yourself
Now I see you've broken a feather
I hope we can patch it up together

Chiquitita, you and I know
How the heartaches come and they go
And the scars they're leaving
You'll be dancing once again and the pain will end
You will have no time for grieving

Chiquitita, you and I cry
And the sun is still in the sky and shining above you
Let me hear you sing once more like you did before
Sing a new song, Chiquitita
Try once more like you did before
Sing a ndw song, Chiquitita

So the walls came tumling down
And your love's a blown out candle
All is gone and it seems too hard to handle
Chiquitita, tell me the truth
There is no way you can deny it
I see that you're oh so sad, so quiet

Chiquitita, you and I know
How the heartaches come and they go
And the scars they're leaving
You'll be dancing once again and the pain will end
You will have no time for grieving

Chiquitita, you and I cry
And the sun is still in the sky and shining above you
Let me hear you sing once more like you did before
Sing a new song Chiquitita
Try once more like you did before
Sing a new song, Chiquitita

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

So nice that you had a multitude of happy moments today.

AmyJane said...

Now I want to go watch Mamma Mia! I'm glad you found some happy today!

Unknown said...

:)

Maybe the vitamin D helped!

Anonymous said...

Counting the little blessings can really help a crummy day...thanks for sharing some of yours. (And thanks for loving my son so much! Every Mom wants her child to have a wonderful companion who appreciates him/her. Brad hit the jackpot!! We love you!!!)

Kathy said...

What a great list and a great time to be aware of so many blessings. You really do have a great family and Brad is a stellar husband! You are both great supports for each other! Love you all so much!