Thursday, September 16, 2010

Whiner

This morning was hard.  Hard, hard, hard.  I had to get the kids ready for school while getting Aaron and myself ready to head up to Silverdale for my doctor's appointment.  The older kids are slow.  Slow and grumpy.  The girls were running behind this morning and decided that it would somehow be a better use of their time to fight with Kyle over a piece of yarn that had been finger crocheted than to eat their breakfast and brush their teeth.  Chloe put on an outfit that looked more like jammies than an outfit and refused to change.  They were yelling.  And of course, I yelled.  Again.  Grrr...  No wonder I like it when they're all at school.  Then there's no one to yell at me, tell me they hate me, or talk like I'm the meanest mother in the world.  Because really, what kind of mother insists that her daughter should blow dry her hair every time it's washed in order to help prevent dandruff?  Or that the kids go to bed at a reasonable time?  Or take a nap when they are obviously exhausted?  Only the meanest I guess!

And I hurt.  Almost all the time.  I'm sick of it.  How many more months?  Nearly 4.  And it's just going to get worse.  The doctor asked if I was doing some exercises - you know, because I told him that I have to lay down a lot.  Well, not really.  Does occasionally clenching my buttocks count?  I only do that because sometimes it feels like I'm helping to push my hips back into position.  He suggested leg lifts and a few other things.  I said, "I can't do leg lifts.  It would hurt too bad."  "Oh," says he.  "Well, I guess we'll just have to work on getting you back in shape after the pregnancy."  I know he means well, but he just doesn't understand. 

On the plus side, I get to go another month before I have to take the glucose test.  And I only gained 2 pounds this past month, so I think I've been doing well at watching what I eat and not going overboard on carbs and sugars.  I can't say the same thing about McDonald's food, but there's got to be some give and take, right? 

11 comments:

Jenelle said...

That's funny- I have really craved McDonald's food with this pregnancy too. Thanks a lot for posting that picture! :) I hope you feel "better soon." (Which I know is all relative being pregnant!) I can't imagine getting three kids ready for school, plus myself and a toddler ready for an appt. You're amazing; and deserve to be frustrated about it.

Randi said...

I hope things get a little easier for you. Please let me know if you need anything or if you need a break. I can always watch kids so you can get some rest.

Anonymous said...

Ultimately there has to be some kind of blessing for your obedient choice to have another child. I hope you recognize it sooner than later. Hang in there.

Annalia said...

What a rudey-tudey! I hate it when doctors talk to me about my weight/shape when I'm pregnant. I never feel like they're concerned about my health when they do it...and are we dating or something?! None of their beez wax!

Courtney said...

Jenelle - This is my 3rd pregnancy where McDonald's has tasted oh-so-good. Glad I'm not the only one!

Randi - You are sweet. Reading about the amount of uninterrupted sleep you get each night makes me think you need a break!

Pam - Blessing = new baby. I knew it would be a difficult road getting there. I just didn't know it would be THIS difficult.

Annalia - I didn't mean to make him sound rude. He really was concerned about me having any semblance of muscle tone. I need something to push this baby out, right?

Kathy said...

So sorry for your rough day! Wish I was there to help with Aaron. Hang in there - love you all and keep you in my prayers.

Misty said...

Sorry you're feeling so pregnant and that your kids were stinkers! That's the pits! I hope the rest of your pregnancy goes by quickly for you...not likely, I know because I feel your pain as far as uncomfortable pregnancy goes. If you'd like I'll go punch your doctor...maybe that will take your mind off the pain for a brief moment?!

Unknown said...

Sounds like a fun morning. But...McDonald's does help most ills. :)

Sarah said...

Anytime you need a break Court, I'm right around the bend and I'm happy to come over and play Babysitters Club. Even if it's morning/get ready for school time.

Anonymous said...

I wish I was there to give you a break! It will be worth it in the end, but getting to that point can be tough. All kids have grumpy mornings sometimes. You are a wonderful mother! Love ya!

ohmomma said...

Courtney! I said I would take him! Anytime. Thursday was quite the day, though...all the kids at the bus stop were grumpy and/or fighting. O wasn't that way when he went to school, but he sure was on the way home! You can't be the worst mommy in the world, because O is pretty sure I have that distinction! And I LOVED the "All American Meal" (Hamburger, fries and milk) from McD's when I was expecting O!