Sarah was excited about wearing her new boots. The only new thing that Chloe wore was her shoes. I'm not sure why. She was happy with her outfit though.
Sarah came home with a monster headache and a sore thoat. She had been feeling miserable all day, but didn't want to come home and miss the first day. She was practically in tears. I felt so bad for her! She stayed home the next day and between rest, Tylenol and a trip to our chiropracter she was feeling much better by Friday. However, on Thursday night Chloe started having a sore throat so she stayed home on Friday. She also spent the day getting a lot of rest and taking Tylenol (well, generic stuff, but you get the idea). The first week of school was definitely out of the norm for us this year! Kyle came down with a sore throat on Saturday, but luckily was better by Monday for his first day:
He was so excited to start Kindergarten! He's only been two days so far, but he's loving it! I'm glad that he got the teacher I was hoping for, PLUS he and his good buddy O are in the same class.

Kyle knows a couple of other kids in his class too. I'm glad that he's got several friends to start out with.
Aaron and I walked the kids to the bus stop for Kyle's first day. Aaron wanted to get in on the school action and so he brought his Buzz bag which was carrying a small coloring book and crayons.
When we got to the bus stop, Kyle was so excited about riding the bus that he wouldn't stand by us. He wanted to be right at the corner where he would be able to see the bus coming.
I had to zoom way in to get a picture this close. Sarah wasn't standing by us either, but as a 6th grader, I hardly expected her to. :)
Eventually, the bus came and all the kids piled on. It turns out, Aaron thought he was going to get to ride as well. Poor kid. This was his reaction when we kept him back and he watched the bus drive off:
There he was, all ready to go, just like the big kids. :( Mary and I appeased him with a play date and some sweet rolls to celebrate the first day. I should clarify, he wasn't sad about his siblings leaving him, just about not getting to ride the bus. He wants to do all the stuff that the big kids do. He definitely doesn't know that he's only 2 years old!
Hopefully this is a good school year for all the kids. I know Aaron and I will enjoy our quiet mornings. Well, at least they'll be quiet until January. After that, who knows?!





5 comments:
Happy New School Year!!!! Such cute children. I wish I could pull you all through the screen for a hug! Aaron's little sad face said it all. Sweet lttle bug! Love Ya! Mom-Paula
What a cute first day for Kyle! He looks like such a big boy. Poor Aaron - he does forget he is the "baby" when it is convenient though. LOL
I remember the first day of school always being so exciting! I love seeing/hearing all about everyone's kids embarking on the adventure of a new school year! It gets me all excited for next year when Isabella goes.
I'm glad you're having some quiet mornings, and how cool that Kyle has so many friends in his class, plus the teacher you were hoping he'd get!
Poor Aaron! =) I'm glad he enjoyed having the house to himself, though. even if he didn't get to ride the bus!
Too cute!
Post a Comment