Tuesday, June 01, 2010

Kyle is officially "5 and bigger"!

Last week Kyle had his 5th birthday. Pretty much since the day of his 4th birthday, he's been talking about all the things he can do when he's "5 and bigger". Well, that day finally came! We started out the day with a haircut and an attempt to spike the front of his hair. He was hoping to look like Astro Boy. I was just hoping that the styling products we had would take to his hair. This boy has thick, coarse hair! He's definitely a Brown boy!
A few days before his birthday, Ashley and I took the boys to McDonald's. Kyle finally dared to go down the slide. He'd been waiting and waiting until his was "5 and braver". When he finally went down, he came over to us so happy and said, "It wasn't scary at all!" I'm glad it only took him a couple of years to realize it!

Kyle got some great gifts this year. His Grandma and Grandpa Brown gave him some Iron Man jammies. No, he hasn't seen either of the movies. No, he won't be seeing them any time soon. But he has decided that Iron Man is the ultimate in cool, so he was very excited about his jammies. He put them right on and wore them every night for a week (with a washing in the middle).
He was also gifted with some character promoted food - SpiderMan fruit snacks, SpongeBob and Cars soup, and later, SpongeBob and Scooby-Doo mac & cheese. He requested these specifically. Silly boy!
His Grandma Curtis sent him a LiteBrite. When we were at her house in March he played with the old one she had. He loved it. Now we just have to make sure that we don't leave too many pegs on the floor! Aaron has been good at finding lost pegs and bringing them to me.
Big Grandpa and Grandma Suzie sent Kyle a couple of toys, but he was really excited about this R2-D2. It pulls open to reveal some art supplies! Aaron was more excited about the Trouble game they sent. Every time you pop the button to roll the die, R2 rolls around as well and makes R2 noises. It's fun, but I'm grateful it has an off button for the sound!
Last, but not least, Brent and Ash gave Kyle his temple plaque. His is a little bit different from the ones the girls got. His says "Be Steadfast and Immovable". Now I just need to get busy and get all the plaques hung up in their rooms!
Oh, and I can't forget to mention the Star Wars card that the Allfrey's sent. It makes a Chewbacca sound and then plays the theme song from Star Wars. He loves it! Thanks to everyone for making his birthday so great!

8 comments:

MariePhotographie said...

I love his hair like that--such a handsome kid!

Happy birthday, Kyle!!

Anonymous said...

Wow, what a great birthday haul!

Kathy said...

He looks much "older and braver" in the pics! Such a cutie! Can't say that much longer - such a handsome boy!

Mary Sunshine said...

I love his hair spiked too! He is a very handsome boy! Basically, amen to Marie's comments!

I was amused that they now have a "flat screen" Lite Brite.

Good for Kyle for overcoming a fear of slides! It is so satisfying to see your child do something hard and feel good about it!

Unknown said...

What a cute little 5-year-old you have! I'm glad he is 5 and bigger...

:)

AmyJane said...

Awwww, he's so cute! Aren't little boys just the weirdest? Patrick would totally love a gift of character themed foods that I'd never buy!

Our latest Mickey D's success was Patrick convincing Kennedy to sit on his lap and go down the slide--now they're both maniacs there!

Sarah said...

Kyle is my favorite kid ever! He is so cute.

and FYI I noticed that he was definitely "bigger" the other day. :)

Randi said...

I love his new hair-do too! He looks so handsome!