turn into this gorgeous thing?Sarah actually ended up celebrating on two days this year because she was sick on her birthday. She'd been fighting a cold all week and it finally hit hard in the middle of the night. She was so sad to think that she wasn't going to get to go to school and see her friends. We had braided her hair so that it would be wavy the next day. I had even offered to let her skip school that day and go to the tulip festival instead. She passed on that offer because she wanted to be with her friends - and then ended up not being with them anyway!
The bright side was that she got to stay home and test out our new Netflix/Wii instant movie DVD. She watched Annie (the one from the 80s!) and a bunch of Mythbusters episodes. She also got to have french toast for dinner on her birthday and then her requested b'day dinner of enchiladas the next day. Lucky girl! (Of course, we were lucky too because we got to partake of the yummy goodness as well.)
Most of her gifts were clothes and accessories, but she also got some ipod money so that she could put more songs on her ishuffle. Plus she got some regular old money and a gift card. I need to take her shopping!
Happy birthday Sarah! It's been a joy to watch you grow and become such a beautiful almost-young woman. I'm looking forward to the next eleven years and then some! I love you.
4 comments:
I well remember that first birthday! She is growing from a beautiful baby to a beautiful young lady so quickly! Love her!
Happy Birthday, SweetPea! You just keep getter better and better? How is that POSSIBLE, when you start out "practically perfect"?!!! Love, Gram B
Oh, she sure was a cute baby!
I had forgotten what she looked like when she was little. Too cute!
:)
Post a Comment