Monday, April 12, 2010

Gone

My Grandma Miller died tonight. She's had Alzheimers for the past few years. About 4 1/2 years ago, she and my grandpa moved in with my mom in her home in UT. A couple of years after that Grandma was doing so poorly that she needed full-time care.

My mom blogged about the past two days, so if you'd like to know more about what happened you can read about it here or here.

I don't have many pictures of my grandma, but there's one in particular that I'm thinking of. I'll have to see if I can go find it...

6 comments:

Linda said...

Courtney, so very sorry to hear of your grandmother. No matter how prepared you are for it to happen, it is still difficult. Please let your mom know I send my thoughts and prayers her way. I tried to comment on her blog but couldn't. My thoughts and prayers are with you and all of your family!
Love,
Linda Lund

Unknown said...

Four and a half years ago? Wow, it doesn't seem like that long.

Sorry Court.

:)

Shannon Morgan Photography - Bainbridge Island, WA Photographer said...

oh courtney i am so sorry for your families loss. thinking of you! let me know if you need any time for yourself, i would be more than happy to take the boys for you for a while :)!

Shelley said...

Court,
We love you and are thinking of you. It is a sad happy thing... Sad because she is gone, but happy that she is free from her confined memory.
Love,
Shell
and Jayd

Annalia said...

I'm very sorry, Courtney. I hope your family is able to get together and honor and remember her.

AmyJane said...

Oh, this brings back memories for me. My grandma died about 10 years ago after a long battle with Alzheimers. So very sad to lose her, but kind of relieving to have her not suffering.
I'm sorry for your loss. I hope the grieving process goes as well as possible for you and your kids.