Monday, May 04, 2009

May Day

Well, today it's been mostly rainy and we're due for a big wind storm tonight, but the month started out beautifully. Friday was an absolutely glorious day! It was sunny and warm (but not hot) and barely a breeze. I took the boys to Manchester State Park along with some other moms and their kids to enjoy the great weather.
We started out at some picnic tables for our lunch and the kids were all thrilled that we were right next to a water faucet. They were so happy to turn the water on and off and on again. They all stomped and splashed and had a great time. After a while we went over to the "real" water of Puget Sound. I think I was making the same face as Aaron.The beach is cool, but much more so if you're interested in muck, seaweed, and rocks. I tried to be good mom and let Aaron explore close to the water, but as he got about halfway down the beach I realized how gross it would be if he stumbled and fell in the mud and slime. I made him come back up to the top of the beach with me.

Kyle, however, was excited to go down and throw rocks into the sound. He had a great time!Here's our little friend L bringing his mom a stick with some seaweed on the end. I can't tell from his expression if he was happy with his "treasure" or not. :)This is his older sister, J, who also found a big piece of kelp. Ew.I was trying to get pictures of all the moms and their kids. I didn't do a great job. But we had moms who were rocking their babies...
Moms who kept to the top of the beach like me...
Moms who came to the rescue when their little ones fell in the muck...
And moms who I was only able to get a back shot off... (sorry J!)
And to end the blog on a happy note, here's how Kyle and Aaron felt about their time in the sun:
It was a happy May Day!

4 comments:

Randi said...

It really was a BEAUTIFUL day! I'm glad you could come. That was lots of fun hanging out....minus the muck :)

ohmomma said...

So cute! What a fun time!

ohmomma said...

So cute! What a fun time!

Unknown said...

Cute pictures! That shirt of Aarons looks kind of familiar. Am I going crazy or did we get the for Kyle?

:)