Anyways, her birthday was on Thursday. Her friend party was on Friday. On Saturday I took her to get her hair cut and her ears pierced. Three days of birthday fun!!
She got several Webkins, which she was hoping for. (Webkins are a kind of virtual pet that you can play with on the internet. The stuffed animal comes with a code so that you can then get your virtual one online.) This picture is of the two that she received from her siblings. But she got four more at her party!! She's well on her way in the world of Webkins!
Sarah also got a new dress, a book, some birthday money, and lots of cards and well wishes. Her favorite gift of all is her iShuffle. It's red. It has her name on it. It holds lots and lots of music. She is in music-lovin' heaven! Thanks Grandma Curtis!!
So for her friend party on Friday, Sarah wanted me to make a rainbow cake, based on one she saw in her American Girl magazine. Well, I am not exactly blessed with cake decorating skills, so here was my best effort. It's nothing fancy, but she was happy with it.
I know, you're wondering if colored candies are the extent of the "rainbow". No, inside was the real rainbow...
The cake turned out REALLY tall because of the four layers - and it took a lot of frosting to put it together. Someday I'll be better at fancy cakes, maybe, but at least the girls thought it was fun and it tasted good!Sarah wanted to have a pajama party at our house this year. Here she is with her pile of fun girlfriends.
They were giggily, goofy, and lots of fun to have over. She has some really nice friends and it makes me happy to know she is choosing to surround herself with such good people. She was also very kind and included Chloe in the festivities.
They were giggily, goofy, and lots of fun to have over. She has some really nice friends and it makes me happy to know she is choosing to surround herself with such good people. She was also very kind and included Chloe in the festivities. The rule in our house for the girls is that when they turn 10, they can choose to get their ears pierced. Here is what Sarah received on her birthday... (written by Brad, in case you can't tell)...
And here are the final results! Also check out her new, short, layered 'do! She loves it and looks so cute! I wish I had her gorgeous head of hair!!!

And here are the final results! Also check out her new, short, layered 'do! She loves it and looks so cute! I wish I had her gorgeous head of hair!!!

12 comments:
She's growing up to be quite a beauty!
We chose age 12 for them to get their ears pierced. Meg was very eager for it a few years ago, but by the time she hit twelve, she was no longer interested.
Great post. You do such a good job documenting! Sarah is such a pretty young lady!
Happy Birthday, Sarah! She really is such a beautiful girl in every way. And I think your cake turned out awesome!!
Happy Birthday Sarah! Cute cake Court! It turned out so well! I love Sarah's haircut and the coupon is a great idea for getting the ear's pierced!
I'm very impressed by the cake! Her hair looks great!
And when you blow the candles out then all of us will show a Happy, Happy Birthday to you...
Happy Birthday Sarah! I love the new haircut. It is so cute on you. Way to go on being brave with the ear piercing. I was a little worried about it when I had it done.
Okay, Seriously Court... cutest cake ever. Aren't you just too clever.
So Happy that you were born!!!!
wow, she looks amazing!!! so grown up!! fun birthday :)!!
Happy Birthday to Sarah! What a cutie! I'm glad the party turned out great, and what a clever cake! We loved reading all the official language in the ear piercing coupon--clever, Brad. Sarah's grown-up hair cut is adorable, but seriously, what could you do to ruin "perfection'?! Love ya!
I laughed so much at Brads Ear-ring certificate :}
Happy Birthday Sarah .. I have been so bad this year at sending cards - sorry I forgot but a big hug from me and all of us down in CO.
Love you !!
That cake is hands-down fantastic! You are far too modest! I love the coupon, and I remember 10 was THE age for most of my friends. My sister & I had to be 16 before we could get our ears pierced, and by then we were MUCH more interested in driving, consequently, neither of us has pierced ears, even ah-hmm years later. As always, I love the warm, fuzzy family feelings in your posts. GREAT birthday!
What a delicious looking cake! What a fun birthday she had, you're a great Mom.
She's just getting too old. But still fun to be around, so that's great!
:)
Post a Comment