Monday, November 13, 2006

Halloween 2006


Happy Halloween! I know, it's nearly two weeks late, but better late than never! The kids had a great time, although this was the longest Halloween on record for me. We had a Fall Carnival at the girls' school on Friday. They do this instead of Halloween parties in the classrooms. So we got the kids all dressed up and got some sugar for them that evening. Then on Saturday we had our ward's Trunk or Treat. So again, all dressed up for a dinner, some carnival games and then the trunk or treating. I did discover though, that Kyle will sit quite nicely in his stroller if I just give him a Tootsie Pop first! He was a sticky mess, but it was worth it! And then of course, we had to go trick or treating on Halloween. We mainly just did our cul-de-sac, but that was plenty.
This is Chloe in her Pooh Bear costume. She was going to be Cinderella, but we found this on sale at Costco for $4!!! I bought it for Kyle in some future year, but it fit Chloe (barely) so she wanted to wear it. I think she made a good choice because it was really cold this year, but she was nice and warm in her costume.
Sarah was a winter bride. She had a veil, but it bothered her so she only wore that for a couple of minutes on Friday. On Halloween night she ended up wearing a crown so then she became a snow queen. She felt very pretty, but had really cold toes (see the shoes). She couldn't believe it when I told her that sometimes we went trick-or-treating in the snow when I was a kid. Our friend Shannon told Sarah that she always had to wear a snow suit under her costume when she was little. (Shannon is from Alaska.) I don't know if it made her feel any warmer to hear how cold it was for us, but we sure got a kick out of her reactions!
Kyle was a clown. He wore the same clown costume that the girls did at this age. Again, we had to do some slight changes to what he had on his head. When Sarah was a clown she wore pom poms on her ponytails. I made a pom pom headband for Chloe because she didn't have enough hair for ponytails. For Kyle I just pinned a pom pom on his hat so that he'd be warm. He hated getting the costume on though! It was a struggle all 3 times. Oh well! Better luck next year!

The kids are still finishing off their candy. I think I was on a sugar high for a few days with all the candy I kept eating. We had a lot left over because hardly anyone came by the house on Halloween. At least now I know how much to buy for next year! I've really enjoyed all my milky ways, snickers, and twix bars. The twix were my favorites this year. They were so good! But sadly, because of that they didn't last very long either! Oh well.

This is my pumpkin. Brad let me use his drill to make holes in it. It turned out pretty cool. The pumpkins at the top are (l-r) Sarah, Brad, and Chloe's. And yes, Brad did his free hand. Happy Halloween!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

That was the best post ever! But you forgot to mention that the reason you thought Kyle was a pain to get into his costume. "Mom, I look stupid!"

Love ya!