Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Watch out for ice cubes

Kyle came home from school yesterday and said, "Mom, last night Aaron got up in the middle of the night, snuck out to the kitchen, got some ice cubes, and put them on my pillow!  Then he snuck back into bed and fell asleep!" 
     "What?!" I said.  He repeated his story and I couldn't help but laugh.  "Buddy, I'm pretty sure you were dreaming."
    Sarah called out, "You probably drooled on your pillow!" 
    "No!"  Kyle insisted.  "Aaron put ice cubes on my pillow case!"  I called Aaron in and asked if he had commited this heinous crime.  He, of course, denied it.  We had to let the issue drop because there was no convincing Kyle that instead of being the victim of a sneaky 4 year old armed with ice cubes, his own drool and over-active imagination were to blame.
    

****Kyle is claiming this post is mean, but it's funny.  Right?!?

9 comments:

Unknown said...

I too have a hard time distinguishing between dreams and reality sometimes, so I feel Kyle's pain. I do it so often that Brent has a rule that I can't be mad at him for what I've dreamed he's done. Seems unfair to me!

But, I think this post is funny, not mean. :)

SSToone said...

Awesome!:)

Randi said...

Better watch out. Kyle's dreams just might give Aaron some good ideas. :)

Anonymous said...

I had dreams that vivid as a kid...I was so disappointed one time to realize that the fuzzy yellow chick I'd been playing with all night in my dreams was gone with the dawn...I think I'm still disappointed :)

Annalia said...

Funny. Not mean.

I've had a kid ask me, "Can I borrow a pair of your underwear?...and don't post about it on Facebook!" That is mean.

Christy said...

That is very funny! I love it!

Misty said...

Definitely funny! Maybe YOU should go sneak some ice cubes on his pillow. Okay, now that would be mean. But still maybe a little funny!

Anonymous said...

This is really funny. Maybe need a hidden camera in the kitchen. Just kidding. Love Aunt Colleen

Kathy said...

Very Funny! He will think so too when he is grown.