Monday, April 17, 2006

Happy Easter (a day late)! We hope that everyone had a happy day. Brad had the whole weekend off and so he was able to go to church yesterday. That was really nice. Especially since it was Easter. We realized that we hadn't spoken to the girls much about Jesus and the true meaning of Easter. Once we started talking about it they (especially Sarah) remembered, but it was pretty hard to distract from the candy, which they got plenty of candy from the Easter bunny. We got some too so that's good. Now we don't have to steal from them like we do at Halloween! Kyle got a couple of toys and a book. But he likes to mooch chocolate from us too. He's definitely my kid! Tonight we're going to try and do an Easter family home evening message (since I didn't think of it last week). Chloe's on lesson, which means that I'm on lesson and she's my helper. Hopefully it turns out well.

On Saturday we went to Old Town on the trolley and spent some time looking around in the shops. The girls loved the haberdashery that we went into. It had lots of old fashioned hats and dresses that they thought were really cool. I actually thought it was cool too. It was neat to see some of that stuff up close. Chloe has decided that she wants to plant bouganvilla in our yard at home. I told her that I'm not sure it will grow well in WA. I'll have to look into that. Maybe Ash knows?







After Old Town we went over to Sea World for a Hi-5 concert.
For those of you who don't know who Hi-5 is, they are a kids
show on TLC or Discovery Kids that the girls just love. They
sing and dance and do little skits. Sarah got to be up front by
the stage and was hi-fived by Kimmee (the one in the middle) at the end. It was fun to see them in person. It was so crowded I couldn't get any good pictures. Here's one I pulled off the web:
Chloe sat on Brad's shoulders the whole time so that she could see. I stood back with Kyle but even he clapped his hands and bounced to the music. Since then we've had Hi-5 songs bouncing through our heads! ("Robot number 1, hit the switch and turn me on, Robot number 1, we're gonna have some fu-un!")

Tomorrow I have my follow-up doctor's appointment, but after that we are going to IKEA to have dinner and shop around a bit. I'm really looking forward to that. We are hopefully going to pick up a new dresser for the girls that is much bigger than the one they have now. It's on sale for nearly 1/2 price. We can't pass that up!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Sorry Chloe, no bouganvilla in WA. It's too cold in the winter!

Ash :)