Tuesday, September 13, 2011

First Day of School

Last Wednesday was the first day of school for the three oldest kids.  They were all super excited and so was I!  We kicked off the day by having cinnamon rolls for breakfast.  There's nothing like sugaring up the kiddos and then sending them off to someone else! Muah-hahahahaha!

Sarah is in 7th grade this year and so she headed off to the junior high.  We have all been looking forward to this for over a year now.  So far, she is enjoying the change.

Kyle is in 1st grade this year and Chloe is in 5th.  Kyle is loving being at school all day.  His teacher, Mrs. Horne, seems to be really nice.  At the open house he told her, with his adorable swagger, that he thinks he'll be a great first grader because he was a great kindergartener.  Chloe has Mrs. Mabe again.  She moved up from 4th to 5th grade and Chloe wanted to stay in her class.     
I feel I should mention that the weather forecast for the day was to warm up to the mid-80s.  Originally Kyle had picked out shorts and a t-shirt to wear.  Chloe did NOT want to wear her running shoes (they're not new) because she didn't have PE on the first day.  It seems they really wanted to wear their new duds and I didn't think it was worth a fight.  They all came home feeling pretty toasty but happy about how they looked.  Believe me though, they all wore shorts for the next few days (since they were also 80 degree days)!

Here is everyone but Sarah at the bus stop.  It was weird to send her off to school before the other kids.  It will definitely take some getting used to.  I think she's glad to get out of the house before the "Hurry up, Chloe"s begin.
Aaron, Emma and I are enjoying our unscheduled, quiet days together.  Yay for school!

5 comments:

Kathy said...

Sarah looks so grown up - just too fast. The kids are so cute as they prepare to have a great year.

Annalia said...

Fun times! I'm sure Aaron and Emma are enjoying extra Mama-time.

Jenniferb said...

Holy Cow Sarah! That's all I got. :)

Shelley said...

wow, they're all getting so big :)

Anonymous said...

They all looked so adorable, and excited for a new school year! I guess that happens when you're incredibly cute and smart!