Today has been very rainy and windy. REALLY windy. I was laying in bed thinking about how the power would probably go out today. Sure enough, this morning while I was drying my hair, it went out. Luckily, it came back on and I hurried to finish my hair in case it went out again. It didn't. However, Brad called from the church to tell us the power was out over there. He called again at 8:30 saying that the power was still out and that other than the sacrament portion of sacrament meeting, church would have to be cancelled. It was too dark in the building to hold all the classes. The kids were ESPECIALLY disappointed because today was the Primary Program. Kyle couldn't understand why we couldn't just do it, even in the dark. I had to explain that even in the dark, there wouldn't be a microphone and most of the kids wouldn't be loud enough to be heard without it.
Well, we went to church, prepared for the program and for the classes that I teach, just in case. It was dark. Much darker than I thought it would be. The sacrament was being prepared by candle light. Well, those little LED votive "candles" but still. It was kind of cool. A few people had flashlights with them. I wished I'd thought of that! We saw one person with a head lamp, although he wasn't wearing it at the time. Aaron really wanted him to put it on. :)
At 8:53 we had our miracle. The power came back on! The kids in the ward were all so happy! They all hurried up to their seats and 10 minutes later we began the meeting. Some friends of ours also blessed their baby today. I was glad the power was back on so that they could do the obligatory showing of the baby afterwards. Sidenote: She had dressed him in a little white tux and had joked with me about it on Facebook. (I dislike baby tuxes and suits and she was teasing me about it.) She's such a good friend !
Anyway, the second thing I wanted to remember about today happened on the ride home. At one point Kyle said, "When I grow up, I want to be an astronaut." Sarah chimes in, "I want to be a baker." Chloe adds, "I want to be an artist." Then Aaron pipes up, "Mommy, when I grow up, I want to be a monkey!"
8 comments:
We were just arriving in the parking lot when the power came on. I'm so grateful that I didn't know anything about it until it was all over.
I think Aaron is the cutest little monkey ever!
Wow, and we were so late we never even knew the power was out. How pathetic is that for "primary program day?" :)
ps. Have I ever told you how great your kids are? I love them and their smiling faces!
Ditto what Randi said. I was so late today I missed all the faith-promoting excitement. I'm glad it all worked out in the end. And ah, that Aaron. He cracks me up. :)
Sounds like just about everyone had their program yesterday but not nearly as exciting as yours. I am glad that it worked out!
I love those cute little kiddos of yours. We have really been missing them around here lately.
Monkeys! ha...ha....ha....
I was there at 8:30 for Ward council, so I'd heard your program was cancelled and my heart broke for your Primary, (and then immediately turned to my own selfish what-ifs--I did NOT want to have to think about our program for one more week!!) I was so happy for your ward when the power came on. Glad it went okay.
I love your kids' aspirations! :)
Dang it I missed all of it. Of all the Sundays to miss, I missed the most eventful one.
A monkey - I'm still chuckling!
What an eventful Sunday!
That will be the Primary Program most remembered I bet. I am glad you posted what they want to be when they grow up - now we can check that in about 20 years. Especially Aaron! That funny little monkey!
Post a Comment