As most of you know, Brad is now in Saratoga Springs, NY. We are 2915 miles apart. I Google mapped it. It would take 1 day and 22 hours (non stop) to drive there. Thank heaven for airplanes! He's there because of his work and will be there until shortly before Christmas. Then he'll go back on Jan 3rd for another 4-6 weeks.
So far, we're doing fine. His travel went well. His apartment is nice. Today he went to Massachusetts to go to Costco. ha! The kids and I are doing okay as well. Of course, it's only been three days, but that's how I'm trying to do it. Day by day, week by week. That's much easier than thinking of it in one big lump! We also bought a web cam and got hooked up with Skype. We've only done one video call so far, but it was fun. The boys really liked it. (The girls weren't home.) I think being able to see each other occasionally will help.
8 comments:
Yeah, we did windows live messenger, but same difference. It really is nice to be able to talk face to face. I don't know what you can do on skype, but ABC used to play games on messenger with the girls. They loved it.
Court, Court, Court..... I wish you were closer so I could help on "those" days when we just want to make the world go away for a moment. Hang in there! Love you!!!
P.S. I'll pray for your little people to be perfect little angels.
Good luck, Court. I don't know if Brad's webcam is hooked up to a desktop, but if it is we have a webcam so Brad can talk to you guys/see you on Thanksgiving. I know you're sad to be without him, but I'm glad to see one family member for the Holiday. Hope all goes well while he's gone. You're a trooper.
Looks like we're both anxiously awaiting December's arrival! Hang in there and here's to time going quickly!
Well, I'm here for "those days"!
:)
Hooray for technology! Do you have to have speedy internet to do a web cam, or could we do it with our "dinosaur" version? I will be praying for you both, lonesome Daddy and overworked Mommy. Love you! Mom-Paula
2915 is an absurd numbber!!! I hope the kids will be good to you! We love ya and hang in there. Oh, and you could always hook up a webcam to see Dave and I, you know, to kill some time with our awesomeness..... oh and I guess if you wanted to see Brad too ;)
Post a Comment