Monday, December 17, 2007

Laundry and more laundry

I've spent the last several days doing non-stop laundry thanks to putting it off until Saturday and 2 kids being sick - the kind of sick that goes all over the place. A lot of people in our ward started getting sick last Monday, but by Thursday none of us had it so I thought we were in the clear. Oh no... about 5 minutes after getting home from a Primary meeting Thursday night, Chloe tossed her spaghetti all over her bed. So she stayed home Friday and I did my best to keep the other kids away from her - hoping to limit the spread of germs.
Saturday was all about doing the normal laundry and getting the house clean. I went to bed Saturday night feeling anxious about not having packed to go to the hospital (due date is the 27th) so I got up and made a bunch of lists - just in case. I felt a lot better. So between that, the house being clean, the laundry all done, and Chloe feeling better, I felt like I could have this baby any time.
Well, it turns out to be a good thing I didn't go into labor because Kyle woke up crying early Sunday morning saying that he had done "yuckies in his big boy bed" (and on the floor). So it was more laundry for me. The upside to Kyle being sick is that all he wanted was for me to hold him in the recliner. Kyle is a loving boy almost all the time, but he's also 2 1/2 so the chances to just sit and hold him don't last very long. Plus, since church is now a pretty painful endeavor I was grateful to have the excuse to stay home and sit. He had another incident in his bed last night (but thankfully a small one) so today it has been more laundry. Then it's on to my sheets and towels which I've had to put off because of well, the laundry. I was trying to bemoan my situation to Brad at lunch time today and he jokingly replied that it was just fate getting me ready for the new baby. Ha ha. I'll take baby laundry over sick laundry any day! Aah, the joys of motherhood!

On to something a little more fun. Our neighbors, the Morgans, gave our family a gingerbread house kit and the kids had a total blast putting it together. Brad did the initial house construction, then the girls and I did most of the decorating (I was in charge of frosting application). Kyle was happy to make his gingerbread man and then proceeded to be happy consuming his gingerbread man.
This last picture is of Kyle wearing Brad's motorcycle helmet. We were cracking up! Mostly at his efforts to walk around with a head bigger than his body!For some fun pictures of the kids from Thanksgiving, check out Ashley's blog...
I'd post them, but I need to go and do... laundry.

No comments: